Hi Guilhem,

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 22:34 +0200, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> I have a working native layer branch on jamvm (though I have not really
> counted if there was a regression I know the one from kaffe and the
> important ones in mauve are passing on standard linux). I will propose
> before the end of the week a patch against HEAD for a merge. I suggest
> people to take a look at the state of the NATIVE-LAYER branch and tell
> me if they see huge trouble with it. There are still a lot to do but the
> current state get rid of the target layer. I would like to remove the
> other remaining direct syscalls from the rest of the JNI code for clarity.

Yeah, it is probably a good idea to merge it back now otherwise you will
keep having to merge things back and forth. I haven't reviewed the
current branch code yet, but I did follow your patches. It is essential
that if this is merged there are no mauve regressions for runtimes that
use the classpath JNI code. If you need a help verifying that please do
post a patch NATIVE-LAYER -> trunk somewhere so others can help you test
that.

> It's a pain to merge HEAD to NATIVE-LAYER by the way (too many patches
> ;) )...

Sorry about that. Lets ask everybody to stop working so hard :) It is
indeed kind of amazing how many patches are written each day now. I have
trouble keeping on top of it all myself at times.

Cheers,

Mark

  • Native layer Guilhem Lavaux
    • Re: Native layer Mark Wielaard