On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 14:32 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Paul> IMHO the INSTALL file in the distribution should contain enough detail
> Paul> on requirements for people to be able to build. I'll take a look at
> Paul> updating that if necessary and maybe compare notes with you offline
> Paul> Alexander?
>
> Yeah, that would be handy.  Updating it for all the distros when
> things change may be a bit painful, but it is worth trying.

Robert added the package names needed on Debian to the developer wiki:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathFirstSteps#head-ef627d3b855ba73a11250a2b1fd9a51af45348c8

It would probably be a good idea to add the development package names
for the major GNU/Linux distributions to the INSTALL file.

Cheers,

Mark