Hi Roman,

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 21:21 +0100, Roman Kennke wrote:
> I just tried out BeanShell GUI and it seems quite badly broken. AFAICS,
> this has to do with some reflection magic.
>
> Exception during event dispatch:
> java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
>    at $Proxy3.internalFrameActivated(Unknown Source)
>    at
> javax.swing.JInternalFrame.fireInternalFrameEvent(JInternalFrame.java:707)
>    at javax.swing.JInternalFrame.setSelected(JInternalFrame.java:1664)
>    at javax.swing.JDesktopPane.setSelectedFrame(JDesktopPane.java:267)
>    at
> javax.swing.DefaultDesktopManager.activateFrame(DefaultDesktopManager.java:298)
>    at
> javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicInternalFrameUI.activateFrame(BasicInternalFrameUI.java:1754)
>    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicInternalFrameUI
> $BorderListener.mousePressed(BasicInternalFrameUI.java:345)
>    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicInternalFrameUI
> $GlassPaneDispatcher.mousePressed(BasicInternalFrameUI.java:761)
>    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3812)
>    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:3674)
>    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1027)
>    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5741)
>    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1922)
> [...]
>
> Many of these are thrown and it basically seems to prevent the thing
> from working at all.

I only see this when trying to work with the Class Browser in bsh,
everything else seems to work perfectly. Also this only seems to happen
with jamvm, not with cacao (from SVN). So I suspect a bug in jamvm, not
in the class libraries. I don't have a simple testcase though.

If someone is interested in tracking this down: simple try running bsh
(1.3.0) jamvm -jar bsh.jar and right clicking on the jdesktop to get a
popup select Class Browser and you get the above stack trace (plus some
extra info).

Cheers,

Mark