Hi Andy,

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 16:40 -0500, Andy Tripp wrote:
> I just want to chime in and question your assumptions about the best
> way to do things, especially if I think they involve assumptions about
> closed source that I don't think are true.

But this is the wrong list for that. This is the mailinglist for the GNU
Classpath developers that want to actually work together on technical
problems around Free Software. It isn't a list for Andy Tripp to have
random rants and trolls about his proprietary closed source fantasy
world.

> > > Again, sorry for the rant/troll.
> >
> > No problem, but remember that it's a troll, because you're commenting
> > about something you don't know that much about.  Read into things a
> > little more and you'd probably have a greater appreciation for things,
> > even if you don't agree with them.
> >
> OK, and feel free to let me know which things you think I don't know
> much about.
> Otherwise, it comes across as a baseless personal attack.

I don't think they are baseless.
You have your way of doing business (http://jdkfixes.com/) and we have
our way. You are more than welcome to actually join any of the free
software projects (GNU Classpath, OpenJDK, IcedTea, BrandWeg, GCJ,
Kaffe, etc) and really participate in the community and shape its
directions. We even give you the freedom to do it completely like you
want to somewhere else on your own according to your own standards. If
all you want to do is just argue for argues sake and not actually
contribute to the development of the project I kindly ask you to do so
elsewhere.

Thanks,

Mark