Hi,
I will be in Brussels at around 1pm and would like to join you for a
Brandweg hacking session.

The people in Brussel have a public wireless mesh-network like Freifunk
in Germany. Here is a map with some node locations:
http://boum.no-ip.com/gmap/gmap.php

If we meet in a hotel room, will be near such a node or is the room
sufficiently high?

I have a suitable wireless router as well as a 4quad antenna which I can
bring along.

I can also explain everybody who wants to hear it how public
mesh-networking works, just in case you want to start such a community
in your hometown. :D

Regards
Robert