Anthony,

No, it’s not the originating dialog identifier, or at least not solely the ODI
token. This can’t be used, as the ODI is only added by the S-CSCF when the call
is sent to an application server.

TS 24.229 is the correct spec to use here – see section 5.4.3.1, and it
identifies three different ways the S-CSCF should do this.

-          The S-CSCF can use information included on the Service-Route which
was sent in response to the REGISTER, e.g. a specific user part, parameter or
port to identifying an originating request, and compare it to the topmost Route
header, or the port it was received upon

-          The S-CSCF can look at whether the request contains the “orig”
parameter in the topmost Route header.

-          If neither of these match, the S-CSCF should assume it’s terminating.

For Clearwater, the Service-Route header that Clearwater responds to messages
contains an “orig” parameter. As such Clearwater essentially uses whether the
request contains the orig parameter.

Richard