I use Appcleaner available from http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ as it
removes all the extra files etc. that does not usually get removed if you
drag a app to the trash to delete.

Your issue though sounds like there might be something else going on.  What
you can try to do is rather than load all your files via the library
function (or automatic library scanning), create a playlist and then add
your master music folder to the playlist.  All your files will then be
shown with their tag information in that playlist and you can use the
search bar to find songs, artists etc. e.g. (U2 or specifically Artist: U2
if too many random hits comes up).  I have 60 000+ songs and using the
library function does not load nearly all my files, that is why is switched
to the playlist option.

Clementine and also Vox (but the last available older version before 3
before they reduced functionality for the free version -
https://vox.rocks/mac-music-player/old-versions) are the two players that I
use on my Mac.  Vox for my approx 500 favourite songs that I keep on my Mac
as the sound quality is better and it is unobtrusive in the menu bar, and
Clementine when I'm listening through my full library.

To sort music and fix tags etc. I use MusicBee, a PC programme via the
PlayonMac app (https://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html) which emulates
the Windows environment.  Only the version 2.5 or earlier  of Musicbee
works (http://musicbee.niblseed.com/MusicBeeSetup_2_5.zip).  If I could get
the media buttons to work, I probably would only use Musicbee and not
Clementine as it has all the functionality of Clementine and more.