Invoking a rescan has always been painfully slow,
It's quicker to close & reopen the entire program
If I manually move or modify files with an outside program like a file
browser or tag editor, I sometimes see the changes go into effect when I
click back over to clementine, the library pane will revert to the last
state
The meta data being slightly different across an album, can make you play
where did my file go :O
If the file name doesn't match the meta data or a myriad of other things
My library is sorted artist>year>album, so if one song has a different
year, it appears as 2 albums

I import files outside my library & use exaile & eztag to check the
integrity, before putting the files into my library manually
Exaile <https://www.exaile.org/> doesn't have the same playlist
capabilities, but isn't as finicky as to library path, easily jumping from
folder to folder

Clementine does a bunch of fun stuff in terms of smart playlist filters
using the group or comment tag [meta data], that I haven't found in other
players, the price is fussing around with a tagger, the clementine tagger
will do most, but stuff involving the filename & some of the other bits not
so much