On the topic of covers, this discussion got me looking into my own covers
and I was surprised to see so many missing.  It turns out that I saved a
number pf PNG files as Folder.jpg and Clementine didn't recognize these.
Well, there's no excuse for mislabeling an image file like that, but I
wonder if Clementine can recognize PNG at all?  If not, maybe that could be
added.

Once I converted the PNGs to JPGs all was well.  :-)