I can't compare to media monkey as I haven't had a windows machine in a
decade or so
Rhythm box is itune like built for gnome

Clementine is a music files database manager, with many tools specific to
music files
Designed to do queries of large databases of music files

Build a smart playlist [query], which allows you to set as many different
parameters for the sort as you want, the output will be a playlist
There are 26 parameters you can include or exclude in as many combinations
as you can imagine
If you need additional fields for custom parameters, grouping & comment are
available
You can also right click or drag songs, albums or entire genres onto any
playlist, the playlists will tab
You can have one playlist playing, while you work on a different ones
You can save the playlist as a 3mu, or copy the files to an external flash
drive
There is no way to save the files that make up a playlist to a different
directory on the same hdd
You can also change the way the library displays [sorts], click the wrench
to the right of the search box