I don't know if the is a limit
You should go to the github clementine page where developers work

On a linux installation I would start Clementine from the command line by
typing clementine>enter
The gui still works, but you can see the underlying stuff in real time line
by line, usually provides a hint of what process is getting stuck
I don't know how to do that on windows