Recursive playlists would be very valuable for classical music, which has
hierarchies like

    Beethoven->Chamber music->string quartets->early quartets->quartet
#2->(list of movements)

Having this enhancement, which should be quite compatible with existing
code, would mean a lot to me -- so much that I'd be willing to pay someone
to add it to Clementine.  The task requires understanding the existing code
base and -- more important-- the administrative structures that surround
it.  The end result I  seek would be to see this enhancement in the
standard Ubuntu release of Clementine.

If you might be interested in undertaking this project, please post here.
If you're familiar with the organization of open-source projects, it should
not be all that difficult.