From: "William A. Rowe, Jr."

One (extreme) hassle is leaving the httpd code legible to httpd'ers
and leaving .NET code legible to .NET'ers.

I had chosen the conventions of using 'traditional' variable names for httpd datum, and 'wordy' variable names for the internals of
Apache.Web.

In Apache.Web all data is visible....

In Apache even the short rr and rv really do mean something but what?

It wasn't a nice practice to start and  now
one can see why.....

In mod_aspdotnet and all assemblies
one should use reader readable variables.

Much easier for the old "httpd'ers" to read mod_aspdotnet with descriptive variables, than for .NET user usage to say what????

Mod_aspdotnet and the assemblies are only written once, but read over and over again......

There are quite a few cases where the variable name (e.g. static 'conf' structure in the mod_aspdotnet.cpp source) is horrid and
needs to be cleaned up.

I'm almost thinking, native_xx for variable names from apache
and apr - would that improve legibility?

I'm not sure one needs native_ but definitely not rr, rv, abc, and so on....

Compare

Parameter name = rv
Type=System.Int32
Position=2
Optional=False

Parameter name = loglevel
Type=System.Int32
Position=1
Optional=False

By the way is there an .NET enum for loglevel?

Jeff