Hi,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Sascha Alexander Jopen
<jo...@informatik.uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> please find attached a patchset for click and ns3 which adds support for
> drawing random numbers within click simulations from the underlying ns3
> random number generator. Each simulated click node has its own uniformly
> distributed random number stream (as opposed to my previously submitted
> patch). This way all nodes have independent random number streams.
>
> Setting the seed or run numbers is done within the simulation by means of
>
> RngSeedManager::SetSeed ();
> RngSeedManager::SetRun ();
>
> or with environment variables or command line parameters.
> See http://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/random-variables.html
>
> I still have no ns2 available. Currently, missing rng support from the
> simulator side is detected and reported but no random numbers are
> available to the simulation. Implementing a fallback method should be
> possible, however. Maybe someone who uses ns2 could provide this?
>
> click-ns3-rng.diff is for the click side and ns3-nsclick-rng.diff for
> the ns3 side.

I had a look through this patch. For clarity, my comment is to rename
the simclick command to SIMCLICK_GET_RANDOM_INT and the
Ipv4ClickRouting method's name to GetRandomVariable(). Otherwise, it
looks good.

I can push this to ns-3-dev when the click side gets committed.

> Regards,
> Sascha
>
> --
> Dipl.-Inform. Sascha Jopen
>
> University of Bonn                     Tel.:   +49-228-73-54219
> Institute of Computer Science 4        Fax:    +49-228-73-4571
> Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 144              E-mail: jo...@cs.uni-bonn.de
> D-53113 Bonn, Germany

Lalith Suresh
www.lalith.in