On Mon, 13 May 2024 10:49:30 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Address review comments
>
> make/conf/module-loader-map.conf line 105:
>
>> 103:     java.smartcardio \
>> 104:     jdk.accessibility \
>> 105:     jdk.attach \
>
> The list of allowed modules has been rewritten from scratch, by looking at
> the set of modules containing at least one `native` method declaration.

Should I understand this list to be the set of modules exempt from needing to
specific that native access is allowed ?
ie they always have native access without any warnings, and further that any
attempt to enable warnings, or to disable native access for these modules is
ignored ?

> src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/com/apple/eio/FileManager.java line 61:
>
>> 59:     }
>> 60:
>> 61:     @SuppressWarnings({"removal", "restricted"})
>
> There are several of these changes. One option might have been to just
> disable restricted warnings when building. But on a deeper look, I realized
> that in all these places we already disabled deprecation warnings for the use
> of security manager, so I also added a new suppression instead.

Sounds reasonable.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19213#discussion_r1607136237
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19213#discussion_r1607136808