Hi everyone,

I have submitted a draft PR [1] to support the "collate=true" flag for
CUPS on Unix systems.

For some background, there is an old bug (JDK-8345685 [2]) where
adding the SheetCollate.COLLATED attribute has no affect on Unix
systems. Since then, CUPS now supports a hidden option of "collate"
[3] which would unblock this bug (of which we also have a report in
Ubuntu [4]).

I have also prepared a development repository [5] testing the patch
with various versions of OpenJDK across different Ubuntu releases.

Please let me know if there any objections to this feature patch, or
if there should be some additional work done that I have missed.
Otherwise I will update the PR as ready to review if I have not heard
anything.

Link references:
1. https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/33023
2. https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8345685
3. https://www.cups.org/doc/options.html#COPIES
4. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-lts/+bug/1985042
5. https://github.com/rroessler/openjdk-collation

Thanks,

Reuben

-- 
Reuben Roessler
Software Engineer

Email:         [email protected]
Location:    Australia

canonical.com
ubuntu.com

Reply via email to