This adds some extra checks/validation affecting the ImageIO JPEG writer plugin 

The cases are
- the constructor for a JPEGHuffmanTable validates the array parameters and 
copies after the validation. It would take the application to be doing 
something very odd for this to be a problem, but there's no cost in doing the 
copy before hand.

- ImageIO's native JPEG library is compiled to support baseline JPEG only. This 
means 8 bit quantization values in the range 1 -> 255. the image I/o native 
glue code should enforce this.

- The native glue code has no explicit check for null Huffman table data . This 
isn't normally possible, but direct manipulation of a meta data tree can be 
used to force it. In which case we have a null de-ref crash. A simple check for 
null should fix this. I was able to devise a test for this, although it is very 
contrived code.

---------
- [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

-------------

Commit messages:
 - 8393551

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33217/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=33217&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8393551
  Stats: 121 lines in 3 files changed: 115 ins; 0 del; 6 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33217.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/33217/head:pull/33217

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33217

Reply via email to