Thanks for IDidUpdate! That works, but...

 It turns out I cannot easily get the coordinates of the mouse or the
element where the mouse is.

I solved my particular issue by using CSS :hover functionality instead. CSS
seems to get events whenever the layout is changed and can keep track of
the mouse pointer, and is a simpler solution overall.

It's remarkable I cannot easily get the coordinates of the mouse whenever I
like, If I'm not aiming for severe CSS-hacks, like binary searching of the
screen with an absolute-positioned div looking for :hover-status or
something. I don't want to go there just yet.

Thanks,
Linus