Alex Miller writes:

> On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Nicola Mometto <brobro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Now, if you want to argue that the compiler should immediately throw an
>> error as soon as the wrong type hint is used rather than silently ignore
>> it and fail when the type-hinted form is used, I'll agree with you and
>> I've proposed to make the compiler stricter a number of times on the
>> clojure-dev ML and talked about it on IRC but I guess either it's not a
>> priority for the clojure/core team or they're simply not interested in
>> more compile-time checks.
>>

> Is there a ticket?

There are a number of tickets reporting errors caused by the compiler
silently ignoring invalid type hints
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1674
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1232

or type hints inconsistencies
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1577
http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-1533

There are no open tickets open that I'm aware of about making the
compiler stricter on :tag values.

I would open one but there's this clojure-dev thread
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/clojure-dev/hRZFuaiB_50/mzKLirgZWmUJ
where I ask what should be the allowed :tag values and I got no
clarification on it -- I see no point in spending my time working on a
patch/enhancement proposal that would break contrib libraries used by
clojure itself (there's no way to make the compiler throw on e.g. (defn
^doubles foo ..) and not throw on test.generative usages) until I know
for a fact that I would not be wasting my time