> The point I wanted to make is 'this' without 'new' will refer to the object
> the function is defined on be it 'window' or whatever object.

That is incorrect. "this" is the actual number, not window. new or not.
Behavior is probably different for other types. ;)

Number.prototype.addFive = function() { return this + 5 };
var x = 1;
x.addFive(); => 6
var x = new Number(3)
x.addFive(); => 8

Anyways, we agree that JS is full of WTF. Let's enjoy our sweet sweet CLJS
world. :)

Cheers,
/thomas