On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 10:41:33 PM UTC-5, mars0i wrote:
> This compiles in Clojure 1.9.0-alpha12 but not in Clojurescript 1.9.229:
>
> (ns free.matrix-arithmetic
>   (:require [clojure.core.matrix :as mx :exclude [e*]]))
>
> The error in Clojurescript is:
>
> clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Only :as, :refer and :rename options supported in
> :require / :require-macros; offending spec: [clojure.core.matrix :as mx
> :exclude [e*]] ...
>

> The code compiels in Clojurescript if I remove ":exclude [e*]".
>
> Is :exclude going away as an option to require and :require, and
> Clojurescript is ahead of Clojure?  Is this a bug?

:exclude is not a valid option here (it's not having any effect). (doc require)
mentions only :as and :refer as valid options in the libspec. :exclude is an
option for :refer and :refer-clojure, not for :require.

It's maybe interesting that the spec for ns does not report this problem here
in :clojure.core.specs/prefix-list because of the use of keys*, which takes an
open map view of options. I'll have to check with Rich if this is something we
want to lock down more.