When figwheel reloads re-frame code, there are some warnings that I would
like to turn off, as they are expected.

In the part of the code which logs a warning, I have defined
**warn-on-overwrite** as a dynamic var and check if it is true before
emitting a warning. In my figwheel config, I have :before-jsload and
:on-jsload keys. The :before-jsload function set!’s *warn-on-overwrite* to
false, and the :on-jsload function set!’s *warn-on-overwrite to true.

Should I be:

   - Putting earmuffs around the var
   - Marking it as ^:dynamic or not
   - Using an atom instead?

A var feels better than an atom here, but I don’t have a strong
justification for that.

Can someone give some guidance on when to use ^:dynamic in ClojureScript
code? I can see it should be used in conjunction with binding, but I’m not
sure about with set!. This is going to be called by users of the re-frame
framework if that makes a difference?
--

Daniel

first post.