Has anyone ever wondered whether the native browser supplied textarea
elements are more trouble than they're worth? I'm thinking from the
perspective of a react based application that wants to use something like
core.async for event handling. If you are currently typing into a text
area, then the key down events are not really handled by your application
but by the browser. You cannot simply dispatch each event to a more
centrally located and more asynchronous event handling process in your
application, because you have to either prevent default or not from within
the synchronous event handler itself. And so the decision whether or not to
handle a key press event using the full logic of your application must be
made within the event handler, and cannot be delegated to an asynchronous
and intelligent process. To me this is a major drawback of using browser
native controls like textarea and others. I wonder if it is worth the
effort to re implement them entirely in clojurescript and/or react.

Has anyone else had thoughts along these lines and do my thoughts make
sense?

Lyn