On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 3:51:29 PM UTC-6, Rob Nikander wrote:

> On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 3:27:21 PM UTC-6, Phill Wolf wrote:
>>
>> By the way, is there a deps.edn in the hello2 directory?
>>

> Yes, there is. I was just working on this again I think I figured it out.
> Two things confused me. Maybe it's working as intended, but it seems these
> could be bugs.
>
> 1. If I update a deps.edn file in the dependency (hello2) to change the
> :paths there, the classpath is not updated in my project (hello1). I need
> to run `rm -rf .cpcache` in my project's directory so that it picks up the
> change.

This is a known issue with local deps and I have a (somewhat complicated)
plan to address it but it's down the stack a bit.

It's better to use -Sforce when you make a change like this than to rm the
entire cpcache. force will force the classpath to be recomputed (but
doesn't delete all of the other, potentially still valid, parts of the
cache).

> 2. If I don't specify :paths in the dependency's (hello2) deps.edn file,
> then it will use the :paths is in the main project (hello1). That seems odd
> to me that the inheritance flows that way.  I imagined that by leaving
> deps.edn black in hello2, hello2 was specifying it's src path to be the
> default ("src").

This is another known issue which has to do with how the deps.edn files are
read, which ties into a rework of how the "current directory" is
interpreted throughout the resolution of local relative paths.