On Friday morning my time (10:00 CST, 8:00 PST, 16:00 UTC) I'll be switching the dns record for wikitech.wikimedia.org to point to a new server.  This change should be largely invisible to users, but there are a few things to be ready for:

- Most importantly, YOU WILL BE LOGGED OUT of Wikitech.  So if you've been relying on a persistent session to avoid having to keep track of your 2FA tokens, today is the day to reset 2FA and record the new information.

- The new Wikitech build uses a lot of updated software (Debian Stretch, HHVM, etc.).  Although we've done some spot-checks, there may be new issues that appear for your particular use case.  We'll evaluate these as they crop up, and decide whether or not to revert to the old server.

Wikimedia Cloud Services announce mailing list
Cloud-announce@lists.wikimedia.org (formerly labs-annou...@lists.wikimedia.org)