The proposal to merge ~smoser/cloud-init:feature/pregen-locale into
cloud-init:master has been updated.

Commit Message changed to:

locale: Do not re-run locale-gen if provided locale is system default.

If the system configure default in /etc/default/locale is set to the same
value that is provided for cloud-init's "locale" setting, then do not
re-run locale-gen.  This allows images built with a locale already
generated to not re-run locale-gen (which can be very heavy).

Also here is a fix to invoke update-locale correctly and remove the
internal writing of /etc/default/locale.  We were calling
  update-locale <locale>
This ends up having no affect. The more correct invocation is:
  update-locale LANG=<locale>

Also added some support here should we ever want to change setting
LANG to setting LC_ALL (or any other key).

Lastly, a test change to allow us to use assert_not_called from mock.
Versions of mock in CentOS 6 do not have assert_not_called.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~smoser/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/327532
--
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of
~smoser/cloud-init:feature/pregen-locale into cloud-init:master.