Hi Scott,

On 21.03.2018 19:34, Scott Moser wrote:
> Hi Kurt, Thanksk for the merge proposal.
>
> I'd like to make a suggestion
> a.) split the 'a' and 'b' to different merge requests.

I intentionally did two commits to the branch, not just one, so they can
be treated as separate entities ...
You could just git cherry-pick the first one, no?
Or does that break your tooling/workflow?

>   'a' is straight forward win
Agree.
> b.) could have side effects.
>   we can discuss that more on its own MP, but I think that as it is right now
> config-drive would always end up taking precedence if it is present, because
> it runs at "local" time frame while the openstack runs in network stage.

Sure, IF cloud-init / ds-identify are configured to allow the
ConfigDrive DS, then it will take precendence, so no change there.
If for some reason it's disabled or fails and if the user has configured
the ds-identify policy to also try the MAYBE sources (which is default),
then a fallback can happen.

So do you want to cherry-pick or do you want me to create a fresh branch
with the first patch and then another branch based on the first branch
with the second patch on top?
Or, if you merge quickly, I can alternatively create the second branch
on top of master with the first one already merged ...

Let me know ...

--
Kurt Garloff <k...@garloff.de>, Cologne, DE

https://code.launchpad.net/~kgarloff/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/341845
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of
~kgarloff/cloud-init:detect_otc_as_openstack_ds into cloud-init:master.