On 01/01/2015 11:00 AM, Steven Dake wrote:
Colin,

First off, Nice job on Fedora Atomic - I'm liking what I see :) A fairly complete uOS for container launching.

I'm not sure if your aware, but there is no etcdctl in Fedora Atomic Cloud 21 images. This wouldn't be such a big deal, but I don't quite know how to configure flannel without the etcdctl tool. I guess I could work around it possibly using curl, but it sure would be nice if etcdctl were just in by default.

Does anyone on the list know how I could use curl to do the same job of configuring flannel? If so, I'd super appreciate the information.

Here's one example:

https://github.com/eparis/kubernetes-ansible/blob/master/roles/flannel/templates/update-flannel.sh.j2

or, another example, create a network config file called flannel-config.json which might look something like:

{
    "Network": "10.0.0.0/8",
    "SubnetLen": 24,
    "Backend": {
        "Type": "vxlan",
        "VNI": 1
    }
}

Then upload to flannel

curl -Lhttp://192.168.54.1:4001/v2/keys/coreos.com/network/config  -XPUT
--data-urlencodeva...@flannel-config.json

The downside is the binary file is 7MB in size.

Thoughts?

Regards
-steve