On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 August 2016 at 13:34, Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> We've talked about this for a while, but let's make it formal. The plan
>> is to transition from Cloud as a Fedora Edition to Something Container
>> Clustery (see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives/ProjectFAO).
>>
>> But, we still need cloud as a _deploy target_. The FAO-container-thing
>> will continue to have cloud image deploy targets (as well as bare
>> metal). I think it makes sense to _also_ have Fedora Server as a cloud
>> deploy target.
>>

> Could we make sure that whatever targets we have are actually getting
> tested? The fact that autocloud has said it was broken for months but
> the cloud sig wasn't looking or fixing says that before we get to step
> 2, we need to say 'is anyone more than 2 people really interested?' It
> should be ok to say 'no we aren't.' without people diving into the
> fire trying to rescue something that unless it was on fire they
> wouldn't have helped.

There are a lot of images being produced and I have no idea if they're
really needed. That a release blocking image (cloud base qcow2) nearly
caused F25 alpha to slip because it was busted at least suggests it
probably shouldn't be release blocking anymore. FWIW, cloud base qcow2
now gets grub2 in lieu of extlinux as the work around for the
breakage.

--
Chris Murphy