On Fri, Oct 21, 2016, at 03:42 PM, Jason Brooks wrote:

> > Oct 21 18:40:37 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]:
> > docker-storage-setup.service: Job docker-storage-setup.service/start
> > deleted to break ordering cycle starting with multi-user.target/start

I think this was the error Dusty was pointing out.  The systemd one is harmless.

I think this is due to:

# grep After /usr/lib/systemd/system/docker-storage-setup.service
After=cloud-final.service
# grep ^After /usr/lib/systemd/system/cloud-final.service
After=network-online.target cloud-config.service rc-local.service
multi-user.target

But docker.service wants docker-storage-setup.service, and
multi-user.target wants docker.service.

Hence we're trying to run d-s-s both before and after multi-user.target.

I think the fix here is going to be changing the After=cloud-final.service
in d-s-s to After=cloud-init-local.service or so.

The main requirement here from my perspective is that cloud node
users are able to configure d-s-s (and docker).  Specifically to do
things like enable overlayfs by default.

If changing it to cloud-init-local.service is sufficient to use `bootcmd`,
that may work.