Hello,

I just installed a F28 image on a Scaleway cloud server. Runs fine, except
there were no man pages, even after installing man-pages package.

It turned out after a lot of searching that this is not a bug but a feature.

Issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/fedora-cloud/docker-brew-fedora/issues/9#issuecomment-365176011

So the culprit is the Kickstarts file, here:
https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts/blob/master/f/fedora-docker-common.ks#_32
(and other nearby .ks files)
It says "%packages --excludedocs --instLangs=en --nocore  [...]"

According to the Kickstart docs
(http://pykickstart.readthedocs.io/en/latest/kickstart-docs.html#chapter-4-package-selection)
 this won't install man pages, presumably to save space, but the end user won't
know this, because man will simply not find any man pages and that's it.

A solution was to edit /etc/dnf/dnf.conf, comment "tsflags=nodocs" and then
reinstall everything with dnf reinstall.

My question: I understand that it's important to save space with containers,
but often cloud users wish to use man pages, as they are using the cloud server
just as any remote computer. Is there a way to document the above situation
e.g. when the user tries to view a man page gets a notification about why they
are not installed (and how to install them)?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Greg Gombos