MusikAnimal is right, however, Wikidata and Commons either have a sui
generis slice, or they share it with a few very large wikis. Tools that do
any kind of crosswiki analysis would instantly break, as most of them
utilise joining by Wikidata items at the very least.

I second Maarten here. This would mean a lot of things that currently
require a (relatively simple) SQL query would need a full script, which
would do the join at the application level.

I fully understand the reasoning, but there needs to be some replacement.
Intentionally introduce breaking changes while providing no "new standard"
is a bad pattern in a community environment.

Martin