2010/7/9 Liu bbskill <bbsk...@gmail.com>:
>        I have a large index whose size is 5.8G, and I fail to use
> RAMDirectory to load it into memory with a segment fault.
>        I dived into the code, and found the index of RAMDirectory is limited
> to 2G.
>
>        I an curious about the reason,  and how to overcome this limitation?

That's an internal limit of Java Lucene  (see e.g. [1]) as well as
CLucene. That's all I know about this, but Michael and Itamar
discussed about a similar issue regarding FSDirectory some time ago
[2]. May be this helps you with this issue.

Veit

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-net-u...@incubator.apache.org/msg00285.html
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.lucene.clucene.devel/3253