I'm working to update two of my projects which utilize CLucene 0.21b
and trying to update them to CLucene 2.3.3.4.  I haven't come across
any posts or wiki pages that document a suggested upgrade path - are
there any?  If so, it might make my transition proceed much more
quickly.  At present I have the following specific questions:

My project utilizes lucene_utf8towcs and lucene_wcstoutf8. These are
still present in CLucene but are not included in the publicly
installed headers.  Is this purposeful or not? If it is, what is the
proper way to do those conversions when passing data into and out of
CLucene?

There are a number of other missing classes or the like which were
being used in 0.9.21b which are not present in 2.3.3.4.  These lead to
error messages like

error: ‘Text’ is not a member of ‘lucene::document::Field’
error: ‘UnStored’ is not a member of ‘lucene::document::Field’
error: no matching function for call to
‘lucene::index::IndexWriter::addIndexes(lucene::store::Directory*
[2])’

and similar.  Again, is there a document somewhere that defines
standard upgrade paths and suggestions?  Thanks.

--Greg