Klaus

I've retested the compilation process twice, with VS 2003 .Net and VS 2008
-- in two independent tests -- both compiled okay for me as detailed below.

If you are on Windows and Visual Studio is an option for you, you could try
& follow the steps below and see if that works for you, too.

Regards
Celto

1) download & install Cmake -- link below is for v.2.8.6 Win32 Installer:
    http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.6-win32-x86.exe

2) download Zlib source code -- link below is for v.1.2.5
    http://zlib.net/zlib125.zip

3) unzip Zlib -- in my test, I unzipped to c:\zlib-1.2.5

4) download Clucene source code -- link below is for v.2.3.3.4
http://sourceforge.net/projects/clucene/files/clucene-core-unstable/2.3/clucene-core-2.3.3.4.tar.gz/download

5) decompress Clucene -- in my test, I decompressed
to C:\clucene-core-2.3.3.4

6) start Cmake and specify the following:
   -- "Where is the source code" --> C:/clucene-core-2.3.3.4
   -- "Whereto build the binaries" --> C:/clucene-core-2.3.3.4

7) click the "Configure" button and choose your compiler. In my second test,
I specified "Visual Studio 9 2008".

8) click "Finish" and wait a few minutes while Cmake generates code for you

9) after the first run, Cmake will show this error:
    "Error in configuration process, project files may be invalid"

10) To fix this, do the following:
      -- tick the "Advanced" checkbox (it's in the upper / right-hand side
section of the Cmake screen)
      -- scroll down the list of options and locate the ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR
option
      -- set it to C:\zlib-1.2.5
      -- click the Configure button again -- the error should be gone now

11) Click the "Stop" button. In Cmake's output window, you'll see
"Generating done".

12) Now, check the contents of the C:\clucene-core-2.3.3.4 folder -- you'll
see the clucene.sln solution there

13) Open that solution -- in my 2nd test, it was generated for VS 2008, so I
opened it with VS 2008

14) In the "Solution Explorer" window, right-click the ALL_BUILD project and
choose "Rebuild"

15) The compilation throws a few warning -- but completes without errors.