Hi!

2011/11/29 pradeepa kumar <cdprade...@gmail.com>:
> Hi
> I am a C++ developer and would like to volunteer in development tasks
> Could you pease let me know how and where  do I start

Actually, there is a development task. Some months ago we started to
give CLucene a new code base. It was intended to base the new CLucene
version on Lucene++, a port by Alan of a newer Java Lucene version
than the current CLucene. But Lucene++ uses boost::shared_ptr all over
the place. CLucene, however, is intended to be as fast as possible,
which requires to reduce the usage of boost::shared_ptr in this code
base. Sergey put some efforts on this to identify bottlenecks and to
evaluate options how to reduce the usage of boost::shared_ptr in the
code base and optimize the code itself.

But unfortunately and due to other obligations, we were distracted
from this activity. So, if you are interested in this, your help is
much appreciated. The work done so far can be found at github:

- https://github.com/luceneplusplus/LucenePlusPlus (original base by Alan)
- https://github.com/drigh/LucenePlusPlus (tests and optimizations by Sergey)

There are also some further information and a discussion in Google
Wave that I can provide to you. But before you start to work we should
decide what shall be the next step towards a new CLucene code base. If
you have any comments or ideas on this, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Veit