I'm writing some code at the minute and I have two main issues outstanding..

1) I want to aggregate data based on a user defined query - this means
searching through an index when I have a new record to see if a record
already exists
    If it does - I want to update the totals in there with some new value.
    If it does not exist - I want to create a new document containing my
totals to store in a secondary index - but only have the fields that are
used in the query..
    So - is there any way to traverse the Query to find out what fields are
used - so I can create a new document which only contains
    those fields ?

2) When I pull the data back at the end - I want to be able to order the
data by these totals - based on some query.
    So - for example - I might aggregate all the sales by salesman and
area, then select from that index for a particular area and have it ordered
by the total sales.
    If it makes it any clearer - in SQL it would be something like - select
salesman, area, sum(sales)  GROUP BY 1,2 ORDER BY 3 desc
    (obviously - I'm not doing salesmen and sales - if I was I'd probably
use a relational database - but you get the idea)

Any ideas on how to solve these two issues?

Many thanks in advance