Hi,

I am setting up a search engine based on CLucene which saved my life so thank
you guys :) !
The idea is to have multiple servers do the indexing and other servers handle
searching, I use a conventional round robin broker for that.
Each one of my client will have its own index, say bob connects to our web
interface and searches for "foo" it will look it up in bob.idx so I will
actually have lots of indexes.

I see two approach to this :
1) Have one index file on a NAS and everyone taps into that but I don't know
how safe this is in terms of resource conflicts ?
2) Have indexers work on their own write-only index and replicate the index on
search servers which will have read-only indexes and be put to sleep while the
index is being replicated.

Can I have your opinions on approaching this problem ?

Thanks,
Max