Norbert, I guess you need to check the analyzer you're using to create your
indexes, as well as the analyzer you use for searches. You probably need to
use an analyzer (both for indexing and searching) that uses LowCaseFilter.

Off the top of my head ... check if StandardAnalyzer (both for indexing and
searching) does what you want.

To get a better explanation, google for: lucene case insensitive search

>From what you'll find for Java Lucene -- you'll get an idea of the way to
go.

To inspect the contents of your index, you can use Luke (google for: luke
lucene) -- you'll see straight away if your index has case-sensitive terms.

Regards
Celto