Congratulations,  Mitchell,
It seems the Mandriva distro has many lively and intresting forks and 
branches. I use Mandriva for my desktop myself, but i would be hard squeezed 
with a single disk install + 5000 packages on line. I just need a bit more, 
but the idea is very similar. Mandriva (2006) is a 3 CD distro (1 DVD). It 
would have 14000 packages on main and contrip + the plf repositories. That is 
a subset i can feel comfortable with. 

BTW, Mandriva 2007 beta1 is available, it is 5 Cd's (one DVD) for download and 
testing, looks impressive with kde 3.5 etc...

I will make a news announcement separate from this post regarding the Mandriva 
2007.b1

Cheers
Szemir


PS.: What i can,t fully comprehend is, why does a desktop distro need to have 
such a very limited sub-subset of packages and practically no choice in 
regard to functionality to qualify for anything better than a sucks in 
desktop ratings.

PPS.: I don't mind the live CD, i just do not see it to be all that 
Representative. I also think that the effort and disk-space used to make a 
live disk might have been better spent on adding some extra config tools or a 
few more packages, or maybe some more device drivers etc...


On August 12, 2006 00:04, Mitchell Brown wrote:
> I know nobody will glance twice at this, but this is a grand day for me.
> Best distro in the world <3
>
> http://pclinuxos.com


_______________________________________________
clug-talk mailing list
[email protected]
http://clug.ca/mailman/listinfo/clug-talk_clug.ca
Mailing List Guidelines (http://clug.ca/ml_guidelines.php)
**Please remove these lines when replying

Reply via email to