Last scheduled meeting before Summer break!
Date: June 5, 2019 — 6:15 to 8:30 PM
Location:

Nicholls Family Library
Nicholls Family Library Program Room — (on second floor) seating – 40
1421 33 Street SW

Calgary AB T3C 1P2

The Nicholls Family Library is located in Westbrook CTrain Station.
There is parking near the building and drop off area near NNW side.

This Library’s web site seems able to give directions:

https://calgarylibrary.ca/locations/NICHOLLS/
Topic: AI for beginners from a beginner – Open Source AI for
Generalists

Recently I saw a demo of AI technology that could count the number of
people in a security camera video feed.  I thought it was pretty cool
and started Googling “how did they do that?”. First I came across
scientific papers that require you to have an advanced math degree to
understand, but soon I stumbled across a whole other class of open
source projects that are pre-packaged and ready to go with zero
math.   If you can handle the level of complexity roughly equivalent to
compiling a Linux program from source, you can also start using
powerful AI today.

I’m sure it will be interesting to many of your members.

Tomas Florian Principal IT Consultant Florian Consulting Inc. Cell:
(403) 714-3914 to...@florian.ca

www.florian.ca id="-x-evo-selection-start-marker">