Hi,

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 09:55 -0400, Bob Peterson wrote:
> [...]

It is identical to the no_formal_ino in all recent kernels and we use
that value for NFS generation number purposes. Really we should be using
this value and not the no_formal_ino one, but the switch didn't get made
when the original change was made. Both values are identical, except for
very old versions of the code. I think we should retain this field
though, since it can be useful for debugging,

Steve.