Ben,

> None of these statistics can meaningfully be negative, and the
> numerator for do_div() must have the type u64.  The generic
> implementation of do_div() used on some 32-bit architectures asserts
> that, resulting in a compiler error in gfs2_rgrp_congested().

ACK. The only problem I see is when the clock runs backwards and we
end up with a garbage round-trip time; this could theoretically lead
to a negative average. (The variance cannot possible go negative
though.)

While reviewing this, I found an unrelated likely bug; posting separately.

Thanks,
Andreas