On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 6:00 AM Andreas Gruenbacher <agrue...@redhat.com> wrote:

> could you please pull the following gfs2 fixes for 4.20?

No.

I'm not pulling this useless commit message:

  "Merge tag 'v4.20-rc1'"

with absolutely _zero_ explanation for why that merge was done.

Guys, stop doing this. Because I will stop pulling them.

If you can't be bothered to explain exactly why you're doing a merge,
I can't be bothered to pull the result.

Commit messages are important. They explain why something was done.
Merge commits are to some degree *more* important, because they do odd
things and the reason is not obvious from the code ("Oh, it's a
oneliner obvious fix").

So merge commits without  a reason for them are simply not acceptable.

                Linus