I chose Clutter over Qt because it was easier to add video playback to my
application. Since then, there has been some progress made in that area
with Qt in the form of qtgstreamer. Also, I really like the way Clutter
allows me to make a fluid interface without having to add additional libs.
There are a few quirks and it is somewhat of a moving target with the
gradual transition to 2.0 but nothing I have not found a workaround for
yet.

Qt quick looks promising, but right around the time I was making a decision
on development libraries Qt was going through major upheaval due to the
Nokia MS transition. The good parts of quick were sequestered in mobility
applications. I still dont think they have managed to get their video api
squared away, atleast not for desktop or embedded development. I think the
recommended api is still phonon based. They were in the process of changing
it when the upheaval started and development became focused on mobile.

If you are looking into Qt you should check to see if Qt quick fits your
needs. That is where future development is focused. I think it is going to
be a great development environment. Their IDE is also very nice and
advanced. If you are planning on using Vala with Clutter then Qt Creator is
way better than any development environment you can setup with Vala/Clutter
(please no war here).

For me it comes down to a few key features and stability. Clutter/Vala met
my needs and so far updates have come regularly and the platform works well
for me. Hopefully, it will stay that way. You never know though. I guess it
is good news that Bassi has blogged about his commitment to Clutter during
his transition to Mozilla.

I'm keeping an eye on Qt quick though because I think its cool.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Chen Kefeng (CM/ESW2-CN) <
kefeng.c...@cn.bosch.com> wrote:

>  Hi Clutterler’s,
>
> Could somebody give me a strong argument for choosing Clutter instead of
> Qt? I prefer Clutter and GObject. But Qt is also not bad.
>
> Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> *CHEN Kefeng **陈科峰*
> *CM/ESW2-CN*
>
> Tel. +86 512 6767 7549