Hey Stefan,
Thanks! During last three weeks I was doing this. I used python & Quickly
for development along with pygst. 60% is done. What I'm doing is open
source video mixer over LAN. Main software have three nodes makers. Camera
node, mixer node and display node. Camera node is the node that capture and
transmit data to network (currently using v4l2 in gstreamer). mixer is node
that works as video mixing software to mix inputs from camera nodes and
Display is the node connect to output screen.

I thought to use clutter to do video acceleration in in mixing node and
display node. (No use for camera node I guess). My intend is to make this
process faster.

Shall I continue with gstreamer till I get fully working software and then
after see what can be done with clutter to make it faster? (replacing pygst
with cluttergst) think this is the better option.
Should I engage with clutter from ground to up?
I have been working with gstreamer,freej and Quickly communities via
mailing lists/irc over this matter.

Thanks again for your kind support.
And btw I need to know what are the pros and cons of using clutter for
video processing acceleration. Since clutter doesn't come with many default
Linux distributions would it be too much negative to use this?

--
Regards!*