I know xrandr (the application) can do this. If I understand correctly,
you want to do the same thing programmatically. You can try linking your
app to libxrandr:
man 3 Xrandr - http://linux.die.net/man/3/xrandr

You should be able to extract your window ID from clutter some how and
then pass it to Xrandr so it can put it on another display.

-Ashwin