Well, I haven't run the ruby bindings but I did just take a quick look and the README says they were built for version 0.4 back in 2007 and then updated for 0.5. So... you should check for an older clutter package or just download the appropriate tarball from the clutter web page and install from source. If you want to be a bit more adventuresome, I'm sure you would make many friends by working off the SVN trunk and updating the bindings to work with latest trunk version. It looks like there are also bindings for gstreamer and gtk.

If you cannot find a package with the rbclutter bindings (they certainly don't exist for ports on a mac), then it may just be easiest to check out the source from svn. There is an examples directory in the ruby bindings with a few example files. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to translate a C or python example very mechanically and easily.

Hope this helps.

- Reid