On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 15:55 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 17:32 +0300, Michael Boccara wrote:
> > I also think that the current cluttermm should be split into cluttermm,
> > clutter-gtkmm, and clutter-cairomm.
>
> Yes, we will probably do this for cluttermm 0.8.

I'm trying this now. There is one problem.

clutter depends on pango, so cluttermm depends on pangomm.

But pangomm is not a separate module from gtkmm, though it is a separate
shared library. Maybe we can split it out of the gtkmm tarball, but I'll
have to think carefully about what that means for API/ABI stability.

Also, pangomm depends on cairomm, though pango does not depend on cairo
(it depends only on the pango-cairo part of cairo). That's because we
did not split cairomm up into cairo-only and cairo-pango parts, to make
the C++ API nicer. Hopefully a cairo (and cairomm) dependency is not too
bad.

What is the big problem with installing gtkmm, by the way?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.murrayc.com