Hi

Using xvimagesink and alsa sink I can get audio and synchronized by setting
> both sinks to sync=true.
>
> When I try this approach with clutter video sink, sound is muted: I must
> set alsasink to sync=false to get the sound. The problem is that
> synchronization is not very good in that case.

I'm using separate custom pipelines (N for video, one for audio), i.e.
without using the decodebin-wrapped object (clutter video sink). The audio
one is live from end to end, the video ones are "best effort", and i never
noticed any desynchronization.

> Is there any way to enable synchronization on the clutter video sink and
> keeping sound ? Does this need the code for video sink to be modified ?

Yes, hacking cluttergst would be needed i'm afraid.

Btw the gst-gl-plugins branch is open now (git://
diracvideo.org/git/gst-plugins-gl.git), there are interesting elements:
* glupload (gst->gl context)
* gldownload (gl context->gst)
* glcolorscale: accelerated colorspace conversion and scaling

Not sure about that but these elements are/will be in conformity with
gstreamer qos & synchronization facilities.

Food for thought...

Florent